To purchase use the Add to Cart button or call 1-800-505-7283
- Built in motion sensor – Detects motion within 30 feet of the bulb.
- 90 seconds of bright white light – Stays lit for 90 seconds after motion is detected.
- Wide angle movement detection – The sensor tracks movement within a 100-degree field of vision.
- Easy to install – Twist in and power on; no extra sensors, wires or special fixtures required.
- Long lasting – Energy-saving LED bulb is good for 25,000 hrs.
- What you get – Includes one (1) bulb and instructions
This item is shipped directly from the manufacturer. Your purchase of this product is subject to the manufacturer’s Terms and Conditions*, including the manufacturer’s policies on returns*, cancellations, shipping and delivery.
*By clicking this link, you are leaving the FirstEnergy website and entering a website maintained by Sengled. Sengled is entirely responsible for the content of this website.
©2019 FirstEnergy Corp. These products or services plans can be withdrawn anytime without prior notice. FirstEnergy Corp. and its subsidiaries do not provide any warranty on this product or the services performed and are not liable for damages or injuries that may arise as a result of the product or the services provided. You are not required to buy this product or service in order to receive the same quality service from your local electric utility company. Your decision to purchase or not purchase this product or service will not influence the delivery of retail electric service to you by FirstEnergy Corp. or its subsidiaries. For Ohio customers, the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio does not regulate this optional service or product and has no authority to investigate complaints about this optional service or product.
- Can the Smartsense PAR38 be used outdoors?
Yes, it is damp rated and can be used outdoors.
- How bright is the Smartsense PAR38?
The Smartsense floodlight produces 1050 lumens, which is brighter than the headlights of most cars and motorcycles.
- How long does the Smartsense bulb last?
The Smartsense LED has a 25,000-hour lifetime. With an average usage of 3 hours per day, that's more than 20 years. It can be switched on and off more than 15,000 times.
- Is the Smartsense weatherproof?
Yes, it is weatherproof and can be used outdoors.
- What is the detection range for Smartsense?
The detection range is 30 feet, which helps avoid false triggers and saves electricity.
- Does the light switch need to be on for it to work? Does that waste electricity?
Yes, the power needs to remain on for the Smartsense to operate. During standby detection mode, Smartsense consumes less than 0.2W, which is less than or equivalent to standard motion detection fixtures.
- If a fixture already has a motion detector, can Smartsense be used?
No, Smartsense cannot be installed on fixtures with existing motion detectors. Motion detectors cut power to the fixture when there is no motion detected. The Smartsense needs power to be on at all times in order to function.
- Upon installation, the Smartsense bulb turned on but then turned off by itself. What is going on?
When the bulb is first screwed in, it enters an initialization mode where it will turn on and off on its own. It will work properly as long as it remains powered on.
- Will the light stay on as long as motion is detected?
Yes. Each new motion event resets the timer to 90 seconds. So, if you moved after the light came on, it will turn off when there is 90 seconds of no motion.